The Optimization Tool is recommended for PRCs that:
- Currently offer medical services provided by licensed medical professionals, or are in the process of considering the addition of such services (optimizing is a very effective way to convert to medical).
- Have a focused Mission Statement. For example: “to erase the need for abortion in Rochester.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to improve and streamline services, which could include creating partnerships with other local organizations to provide material assistance for clients instead of managing those programs internally.
- Have Board consensus on decision to transition to a medical Linear Service Model.
- Are working to define measurable results. Example: “We are successful if ‘ ‘ happens.”
- Actively advertise to reach the target market (pregnant, at-risk women).
- Use up-to-date technology, such as dedicated Internet access with separate phone lines, mobile phones for core staff, etc.
- Have a paid executive director.